Aug 1, 2019
SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR!
Sign up for a subscription with Ritual Vitamins today! Get your daily multivitamin
or prenatal delivered right to your door by visiting Ritual.com/kweens. Use the promo code KWEENS at
checkout for 10% off during your first 3 months!
In this episode we’re talking about the amazing PLACENTA! Here’s
an overview of what we cover, including the various resources we
- The general structure and function of the placenta
- Great article with in-depth
explanation of the structure of placenta, including how/when it
develops, blood flow patterns, etc.
- When in pregnancy that the placenta develops
- Typical size and various shapes of placentas
- Info about the umbilical cord – size, length, insertion into
the placenta, abnormalities, etc.
- Info about circumvallate placentas
- Info about circummarginate placentas
- A good visual aid to see the
difference between normal, circumvallate, and circummarginate
- Where the placenta can implant in to the uterus
- Article from Spinning Babies about how an
anterior placenta may impact fetal position
- Delivery of the placenta – when, how, what it usually feels
like, and what to do if there are issues with this part of the
- Article about the different
approaches to managing the third stage of labor (aka the delivery
of the placenta)
- Issues with the placenta, including placenta previa, placental abruption, retained placenta, and abnormalities of implantation
(i.e. accreta, increta, percreta)
- Signs of placental aging and what you can do to keep yours
- Article on placenta encapsulation from
Evidence Based Birth
If you liked this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, tell your
friends! And go to
to rate/review/subscribe to the show. For more from us, visit
sign up for our newsletter. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens,
join our Facebook group the Birth Kweens
Podcast Community, and email us at email@example.com with your
questions, suggestions and feedback. Also, be sure to click
here so that you can support
the show while doing your regular Amazon shopping!